Board of Directors
Peter Hood is a qualified Chemical Engineer with over 40 years experience in senior management and project development in the mining, oil and gas, and chemical industries.
Peter was previously the CEO of Coogee Resources Ltd, a company involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas in the Timor Sea. Prior to this he was the CEO of Coogee Chemicals Pty Ltd where he oversaw a period of significant growth in the company's market capitalisation.
Peter is currently the Deputy President of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), a Non-Executive Director of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of WA (CCIWA) and GR Engineering Ltd, and Chairman of MAK Industrial Water Systems Pty Ltd. He was also Chairman of Apollo Gas Ltd (merged with Dart Energy Ltd in 2010) and Vice-Chairman of the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA).
- Advanced Management Program, Harvard Business School, 1997
- Graduate Diploma of Administration, Western Australian Institute of Technology (now Curtin University of Technology), Perth, 1974
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical), Melbourne University, Melbourne, 1970
- Fellow-Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow-Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Member-Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
Aaron Begley has 18 years experience in manufacturing and marketing products made from industrial ceramics and composite materials for the offshore energy industry.
Prior to his current role as Chief Executive Officer, Aaron held various positions within Matrix Composites & Engineering since starting with the company in 1993, including Managing Director and Marketing Manager. Throughout his tenure, Aaron has taken the company from a local heavy engineering firm to an ASX300 global market leader.
- Post Graduate Diploma of Management, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, 2002
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Western Australia, Perth, 1993
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Society of Underwater Technology (SUT)
Craig Duncan has 35 years experience in the petroleum and mining industries in Australia, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. He was previously a Drilling Superintendent at Apache Energy for 12 years and was responsible for managing well construction operations. Prior to this role, Craig was involved in manufacturing specialised equipment for the gold mining industry.
- Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2005
Paul Wright is an accountant who has worked in public accounting and has held managerial positions for a number of engineering and manufacturing companies.
Paul has worked at Matrix since 1995 and was instrumental in securing capital for the start-up of the composites business. Prior to the company's listing on the ASX in 2009, Paul was the CFO for 11 years and CEO for two years. Preceding the listing, he resumed the role of CFO for a further year before retiring in October 2010.
Prior to Matrix, Paul was the Managing Director of Centurion Industries Ltd, a national heavy engineering firm, for nine years. In this role he was responsible for an employee buy-out of Tomlinson Steel Ltd and the subsequent ASX listing of the company (now RCR Tomlinson).
- Bachelor of Business, Western Australian Institute of Technology (now Curtin University of Technology), Perth, 1978
Steven Cole has over 40 years legal, business, corporate and directorial experience. Mr. Cole is the Managing Director of Cole Corporate, a boutique corporate and governance consultancy firm. Prior to this role he operated a corporate and financial legal practice as a senior equity partner with Allens Arthur Robinson, a leading national and Asian law firm.
His extensive boardroom and board sub-committee experience encompasses ASX listed companies in the resources, engineering services and industrial sectors, as well as a number of public sector and charitable/not for profit (NFP) appointments.
Mr Cole is currently Deputy Chairman of Reed Resources Limited, Chairman of the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre Trust, Chairman of Brightwater Care Group Inc. and a member of the General Council of CCI (WA). Mr Cole was also previously the WA State President and a national board member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), University of Western Australia, 1972
- Barristers' Board Examinations, Western Australia, 1973