Aaron Begley has over 20 years of experience in developing, commercialising, manufacturing and internationally marketing engineered products for the Oil & Gas, Defence and Resources Sectors. Experienced in Management, Strategy, Industrial Marketing, Export Marketing and Distribution, Product Development, Research and Development and Advanced Manufacturing, Aaron has also accumulated significant experience in the commercialisation and production of engineered products manufactured from advanced materials to a state of the art global standard.
Prior to his current role as Chief Executive Officer, Aaron held various positions within Matrix Composites & Engineering since starting with the company in 1993, including Managing Director and Marketing Manager. Throughout his tenure, Aaron has taken the company from a local heavy engineering firm to a global market leader in the manufacture of engineered products and advanced materials.
- Post Graduate Diploma of Management, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, 2002
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Western Australia, Perth, 1993
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Innovation Research Group
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Young Presidents Organisation
Liz Hodgson joined Matrix in June 2015 with more than a decade of experience in human resources. Liz has worked in a variety of industries including manufacturing, construction and safety training.
Liz is a true generalist and has a hands-on approach in leading HR initiatives and implementing productivity-inducing practices.
Prior to Liz’s appointment to Matrix she held a variety of senior HR roles, both in Australia and overseas, where she provided strategic advice to senior leaders.
- Bachelor of Social Science – Organisational Psychology and Industrial Sociology, Rhodes University, 2006.
- Australian Human Resource Institute Certified Professional (CAHRI)
Peter Pezet has a degree in Mechanical Engineering and over 25 years' experience in product design, manufacturing process design and project management. For the last 18 years he has specialised in composites and their application in harsh marine environments.
Prior to Peter's current role as Division Manager – Oil and Gas products he was the Engineering Manager at Matrix for 8 years.
Peter has also worked in the USA, UK and Holland in Design and Engineering Management roles. Leading a number of multi-national and multi-disciplined design teams, Peter worked on an array of high profile, lightweight composite and alloy structures.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, Brisbane, 1992.B
Brendan Cocks has over 20 years' experience across a broad range of industries including manufacturing, resources, engineering services, retail and consumer goods.
Having originally qualified as a Chartered Accountant with KPMG, Brendan has spent the last 10 years as CFO of ASX listed Companies including Matrix, Kresta Holdings Ltd, LogiCamms Ltd and Dampier Gold Ltd. Prior to this Brendan spent eight years in senior commercial finance roles with Lion Nathan in WA and NSW.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia, Perth, 1994
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
Ian Phillips has over 20 years' experience in manufacturing, operations, project and program management. Ian has worked in the US and UK with a proven track record across various industries including power generation, precision engineering, defence, mining, and oil and gas.
Prior to joining Matrix, Ian spent 4 years executing projects to manufacture military aircrafts - Joint Strike Fighter (F35) and Eurofighter.
- APMP Project Management, Princess Risborough, UK 2010
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) University of Central Lancashire, UK 2006
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Northumbria, UK. 1999
- Australian Institute of Management
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry - WA Manufacturing Forum
Robbie Stewart has a Mechanical Engineering degree and over 20 years of experience across a broad range of industries including extensive expertise in high volume, lean manufacturing environments.
He has worked both domestically and internationally across a range of engineering positions from production and process to product design and innovation.
Robbie’s managerial experience includes Quality Control, Assets and Facilities, Continuous Improvement and QHSE.
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Honours) University of Tasmania 1996
Julie Jones was appointed General Counsel and Joint Company Secretary in July 2018, bringing over 15 years commercial legal experience across government, mining and the not-for-profit sector.
She started her career as a lawyer in private practice with a leading Australian law firm and subsequently held a number of legal roles at the State Solicitor’s Office, Iluka Resources Limited and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry WA (Inc).
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation, University of Western Australia