Matrix Composites & Engineering Ltd (MCE) is an ASX listed company specialising in the design, engineering and manufacture of advanced material and composite solutions to the oil & gas, resources, defence, transportation and civil infrastructure markets. With more than 20 years’ experience, Matrix has gained a reputation as an industry leader and a developer of leading-edge technologies. Recently Matrix launched a new industrial coatings division to extend its service and product offerings with a focus on protective and anti-corrosive coatings.
Matrix’s coatings portfolio includes the world leading Humidur® brand, coating application services and the rental of specialised application equipment across Australia. Solvent free, the Humidur® coatings range substantially increases the service life of key infrastructure at a fraction of the cost. Matrix is the exclusive distributor of Humidur® for Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Who are we looking for?
Due to expansion in this division, we are currently looking for an experienced Coatings and PFP Implementation Technician.
This multi-faceted position will require a dynamic and professional individual who is able to act as an ambassador for our Company at all times.
You will be responsible for:
- Providing technical and supervisory support for Humidur® FP, High Temp and PFP on various projects, both onshore and offshore.
- Conducting external inspections and audits
- Training of external painters in the application of our products
- Undertaking Verification of Competencies (VOCs)
- Reviewing client and student feedback to ensure continuous improvement
We are looking for someone with the ability to drive a safety-first culture and who is able continue developing a positive work environment.
You will ideally have 10 years of experience in your trade, with at least 2 years of experience in delivering training, and will be passionate about sharing your knowledge with others. It is essential that you have the competence to effectively communicate to, and educate, learners of all levels.
Essential application criteria includes:
- NACE CIP, minimum level 2
- Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication (Surface Finishing), or equivalent
- Experienced in protective coatings QA/QC reporting
- Skilled PFP applicator, using plural pumps
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (highly desirable)
In addition, any experience with the Humidur brand would be considered highly advantageous.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.