Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Design Manager to join our team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Design Manager will be responsible for leading the Company’s equipment design engineering functions, from the proposal to execution phase, for internal product development projects and external client projects.
The role is responsible for ensuring efficient and effective servicing of all business lines to include offshore oil & gas, defence, civil and transport, by:
- Establishing and maintaining a multi-disciplined Engineering design team, and provide sound technical leadership, to achieve the timely and accurate execution of all arising design engineering tasks;
- Managing the effective delivery of the Company’s engineering consulting services;
- Managing bespoke equipment design, including the outsourcing of design activities to third party providers where appropriate;
- Ensuring products are designed for manufacture following 6-Sigma practices;
- Considering practicality and cost effectiveness of all design options, materials selection and engineering applications prior to implementation;
- Ensuring technical and regulatory compliance of all engineering activities;
- Providing technical guidance and advice to all relevant project stakeholders;
- Providing routine progress reports and issue briefs to senior management;
- Ensuring a high degree of support to the Sales and Estimating stakeholders during the proposals process;
- Overseeing a strong level of client interaction to ensure the provision of engineering services align with their priorities and requirements; and
- Generating Qualification Plans and driving the product qualification process.
We are looking for someone with the ability to drive a safety-first culture and who is able continue developing a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering - Mechanical or Civil
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a similar role and with experience designing bespoke equipment
- Strong technical background in offshore oil & gas facilities, equipment design and construction
- Track record in management of engineering teams in a consulting or project engineering environment
- Experience with CAD and FEA packages
It would be highly advantageous if the applicant has any experience with designing and developing composite structures or components.
The development of subsea equipment for SURF applications; pipelines, manifolds or production risers including PLET’s, PLEM’s, mid water arches and other SURF related products would also be beneficial.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.