Who are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for an Electrician to join our business on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, and based out of Henderson, the Electrician will be responsible for repairing, maintaining, optimizing and modifying plant equipment and automation control systems - PLCs, SCADA, communication networks and instrumentation to meet the requirements of the business.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Inspecting and conducting breakdown, corrective and preventative maintenance on plant, process and utilities equipment.
- Initiating required actions for repair/replacement of defective equipment and generating detailed corrective maintenance work orders.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed record of maintenance activities in the CMMS (Maintenance Connections) and shift report.
- Proactive approach in identifying areas requiring preventative and corrective maintenance
- Continuously improving plant equipment and systems
- Maintaining a high standard of safe working practices and housekeeping using the 5s, TPM and 5 why tools
- Procuring spare parts and assisting with recording spare part movements
- Directing and supervising jobs, third party vendors and contractors
- Promote and maintain a culture of waste minimisation and environmental sensitivity
- Responsible for OH&S with a ‘zero harm’ objective and promotion of ‘safety first’ culture including reporting any safety issues / incidents as they occur
- Maintain manufacturing process controls within the requirements of ISO9001 and job specific requirements.
- Testing and Tagging of electrical equipment
We are looking for someone who has the appropriate trade qualifications and at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Any experience within the manufacturing industry will be highly regarded.
Essential requirements include:
- WA Electrical Licence
- Working knowledge of Machinery standards AS4024 and AS 60204
- Experience with CMMS (preferably Maintenance Connections)
Fault finding of PLC and SCADA equipment will be considered an advantage (Allen Bradley & Citect).
The ideal person will be highly resilient with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and be able to work a flexible shift roster.
A high commitment to safety is essential.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.