Who are we looking for?
Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter to join our business on a full-time basis. Experience working in a manufacturing environment and using a CMMS is essential.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, and based out of Henderson, the Maintenance Fitter will be responsible for the overall mechanical plant maintenance of the company and must comply with the requirements and procedures of the business.
Detailed accountabilities will include:
- Maintaining and repairing plant and equipment safely and efficiently;
- Proactively inspecting and conducting corrective and preventative maintenance on plant, process and facilities equipment;
- Maintaining accurate and detailed records of maintenance activities in the CMMS;
- Addressing issues associated with planned and unplanned maintenance tasks;
- Continuously improving plant equipment and systems;
- Assisting with procurement of spare parts and recording spare part movements;
- Directing and supervising internal work and contractors;
- Supporting and promoting continuous improvement of maintenance operations; and
- Maintaining a high standard of safe working practices and house keeping
The ideal candidate will be willing to get involved in wider company initiatives, to help achieve Corporate strategy and will have:
- Mechanical Fitting trade or similar qualification
- Competency with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is essential (preferably Maintenance Connections)
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics
- Proven track record of fault finding and problem solving
- Highly resilience with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong verbal communication and time management skills
- Be able to work a flexible shift roster
A high commitment to safety is essential.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.