What are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join our business on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Production Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of operation and output for specific areas of production, to comply with the requirements of the business, as well as ensuring that safety standards are maintained at all times.
The incumbent will be responsible for labour allocation and organisation to meet the agreed production targets within their area, as well as developing and ensuring a strong culture of teamwork, performance and safety.
Other detailed accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring daily production targets are met
- Ensuring materials, consumables and labour is available for the immediate production period
- Ensure that the quality of products meets with the current quality specifications
- Promoting and maintaining a culture of waste minimisation and environmental sensitivity.
- Maintaining manufacturing process controls within the requirements of API Q1 and job specific requirements as specified by the quality department
- Managing team OH&S with a ‘zero harm’ objective and promotion of ‘safety first’ culture
- Absenteeism and timekeeping monitoring, including job management and ADI approvals
- Training and development of team
- Daily reporting to management of team performance events
- Maintaining a well organised manufacturing facility with housekeeping and waste disposal at levels suitable for handover to the next shift
- Requisitions for maintenance
- Coordinate and collaborate with other shift supervisors on matters affecting production and output to promote a teamwork culture
The ideal candidate will, ideally, have:
- Previous supervisory experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment or other related industry
- High Risk Work Licence with CB & LF classes is essential
- Cert 4 in OH&S or other relevant OH&S certification (not essential but will be well regarded)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
A high commitment to safety is essential.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.