Due to continued growth, we are currently recruiting for a Proposal Engineer / Estimator, to join our team on a full-time basis. The role will be responsible for the compilation and submission of proposals and/or quotations, created from leads generated by the Sales Team.
Reporting to the Senior Proposals Engineer the incumbent will, upon successful award of a contract, manage the effective engagement of internal stakeholders and ensure an efficient handover to the project team.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Log and maintain enquiries in Matrix’s ERP system
- Reviewing client RFQs and ensuring a thorough understanding of client requirements including terms and conditions, quality and engineering deliverables pre and post award
- Review client scope of supply and liaise with Engineering, internal Production and Project stakeholders including Supply Chain Department & company Management to compile suitable cost-effective solutions
- Prepare comprehensive and robust cost estimates (including technical drawings where required) in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Liaise with Engineering and Legal Departments to identify technical and commercial risks and develop solutions to control or mitigate risk
- Prepare quotes/tenders in line with company margin expectations
The ideal candidate will have;
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent experience in a similar role, within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of working with and interpreting engineering drawings and client data to extract information
- Proven experience in producing high quality proposal documents
- Strong technical writing skills, excellent communication, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Comprehensive experience working with ERP systems, preferably Epicor.
- Sound computer skills in Microsoft Office
Experience working with polymer and composite manufacturing would be considered an advantage, as would knowledge of CAD/CAM software.
Due to the urgent requirement for this role, shortlisting will commence immediately.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.