What are we looking for?
We are currently recruiting for a QHSE Engineer to join our business on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the QHSE Manager, the QHSE Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining the systems that control the quality of products manufactured and purchased, in addition to the Occupational, Health, Safety and Environmental systems
Other detailed accountabilities will include:
- Finished / Final part quality systems and control
- Customer quality issue rectification and communication
- Document control / SDS / DTA systems
- Managing and developing the supplier quality system and audit program
- Review and audit supplier manufacturing processes and work with suppliers to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Implementing and driving process improvements at suppliers to increase product quality
- Managing quality inspectors’ tasks and providing performance feedback, training and development
- Develop agreed part acceptance criteria documents with engineering and production teams
- Supervising and developing the good inwards inspection system
- Assess potential new suppliers and analyse supplier capabilities.
- Develop and maintain supplier quality metrics.
- Establish and promote maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions across the Matrix Group
- Drive continuous improvement regarding the health, safety and environment culture across all sites
- Coordinate safety programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety consciousness
- Consult with all operating departments in the design and implementation of safety programs
The ideal candidate will, ideally, have:
- A Bachelor degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Certificate IV in WHS, or equivalent would be considered an advantage
- Proven track record in a complex manufacturing or chemical processing environment
- Excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Skilled in FMEA, control plan development and APQP
- Qualified lead auditor with experience in internal auditing
- Strong QHSE systems knowledge with excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills.
- MS office proficiency
A high commitment to safety is essential.
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately and we reserve the right to close the advert.