What are we looking for?
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Quality Manager to join our team on a full-time basis and be responsible for developing, managing and leading the implementation of Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems for the organisation.
The role is responsible for driving a culture of Quality excellence, across all areas of responsibility, and leading continuous improvement strategies to maintain a zero-harm environment at Matrix.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the incumbent’s primary accountabilities in this role will include:
- Developing the QHSE strategic plans for the company, in line with the overall strategy of the business;
- Managing the process of all internal and external QHSE auditing and coordinating third-party audits;
- Providing specialist advice and technical support, ensuring the integrity of risk management programs;
- Managing Dangerous Goods systems to ensure compliance with legislation and regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining the ISO 9001:2015, ISO 4801 and ISO 18001 accreditation and developing the Matrix integrated management system;
- Delivering training and induction programs;
- Proactively overseeing Injury Management and facilitating the successful return to work of injured employees;
- Identifying, monitoring and evaluating significant OHSE concerns and developing strategies to eliminate or minimise risks;
- Devising and coordinating safety programs which will increase safe practices and promote safety awareness;
- Monitoring production and manufacturing processes to ensure products meet customer requirements;
- Overseeing the development of project quality plans and generation of customer documents, to ensure that products are manufactured and tested to meet specification; and
- Developing and maintaining systems to ensure the quality of received goods and services, outsourced processes and sub contracted operations.
We are looking for someone with the ability to drive a safety-first culture and who is able continue developing a positive work environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Chemical engineering preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience in a similar role, with Quality systems management
- Cert IV or Diploma in work health and safety
- Proven leadership and management skills including mentoring, coaching & influencing to effect cultural change
- Leadership in a manufacturing environment will be highly regarded, in particular with exposure to chemicals and dangerous goods
- Strong quality systems knowledge with excellent communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in MS Office
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting for this role will commence immediately.