We have several fixed-term positions available for experienced FRP Laminators / FRP Boat Builders required for ongoing project work. These roles will be on a fixed-term basis for an initial 6 months and you will receive all entitlements to annual leave, personal leave, public holidays etc.
The Laminators will be responsible for the manufacture and construction of new moulds and products, in addition to the manufacture of composite components using various composite materials and tooling. This will include the infusion process, application of release agents & mould assembly/disassembly, de-moulding and tool cleaning, as well as the machining of components to final size.
Responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and CAD generated drawings
- Implementing production techniques to improve design, material choice and utilisation, operation, performance and safety aspects
- Assembly and installation of CNC cut moulds and mechanical fabrications
- Ensuring that designs and completed works are within specifications
The ideal candidate will have previous FRP industry experience, in addition to ideally being proficient in:
- Timber mould & carpentry
- Infusion process & hand laminating
- Application of Gelcoat & flow coat using spraying equipment
- Stitch fabric
Previous experience in a marine manufacturing environment will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail, with a methodical approach to work. A high commitment to safety is essential.
Shortlisting will commence immediately
All applications are to be submitted via the Seek platform. Please click here to apply now.
This position is available only to permanent Australian residents, or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia.
Matrix is an equal opportunities employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community are always encouraged to apply.