High performance materials made in Australia
Matrix produces engineered products, functional additives and advanced materials for a variety of defence industry applications. Using proprietary polymer composite and chemical technologies, Matrix develops and manufactures a range of high performing solutions to lighten the load, maintain capability and assure delivery in complex and harsh environments.
Matrix is a trusted Australian partner for practical material science applications where performance, reliability and safety are paramount.
Key technologies utilised by Matrix within the defence space include:
- High performance composites – long fibre reinforced laminates in both thermoset and thermoplastic polymers to lighten and strengthen structures.
- Reinforced thermoplastics – heavy weight thermoplastics designed and qualified for severe service, with bespoke fibre reinforcement and polymer additives.
- Polyurethane blends – customer blended thermosets, adducted, filled and reinforced to achieve deep sections and tailored properties.
- Syntactic foams – light weight fillers, both micro and macroscopic, produce lightweight, stiff and strong materials blended at will to a client’s requirements.
- Matrix LGS® drag and VIV reduction - applied biomimetic geometries to reduce the strength and coherence of vortex formation.
- Kinetica - energy absorbing, space filling composites.