Energy absorption tailored to your needs
Kinetica™ is a lightweight syntactic foam created by bonding together millions of engineered composite spheres. The result is a porous, chemically inert material with closely controlled crush strength and isotopic energy absorption.
Kinetica™ works with the full range of Matrix’s macrosphere technology, varying density, sphere diameter and reinforcement fibre to customise the final material properties. Kinetica™ can be tailored to meet your specific requirements.
Kinetica™ can be blended on-site or at Matrix’s facility using our custom designed mixing system. With only the lightest touch of active chemistry, free flowing Kinetica™ can fill an almost limitless volume without fear of runaway exothermic reactions. Using Matrix's custom designed mixing system, it can be cast in-situ to almost limitless volumes.
- Tailored mechanical strength
- Continuous crush resistance
- Excellent salt water & chemical resistance
- Isotropic material properties
- Free flowing filling process
- Limitless casting geometry
- Low ‘hydrostatic’ forces during casting
- No blowing agent = no pressure
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion
- Negligible shrinkage during cure
|Density||100 TO 500 kg/m3|
|Crush strength||0.4 to 4.0 MPA|
|Hydrostatic strength||1.5 to 15 MPA|
|CTLE||20 X 10-6|