High strength and machinable to a variety of shapes
This rigid composite syntactic material is used for insulation and support in subsea and cryogenic applications. With high mechanical strength and low thermal conductivity, Xirtherm™ C140 is placed between structural elements to restrict the flow of thermal energy.
Xirtherm™ C140 is used for pipe and vessel supports, trunnion supports, and subsea supports requiring insulation in flow assurance applications. It is a unique material manufactured from epoxy resins and ultra-high strength glass microspheres.
- High mechanical strength
- No organic fibres
- Excellent chemical and saltwater resistance
- Hydrostatic pressure resistance for ultra-deep sea applications
- Low thermal conductivity
- Handles multi-directional loading due to isotropic features
- Simplified supports for complex loads
- Saves material time and cost
- Can be machined to a variety of different shapes
- Can operate in temperatures between -190 to +160 C
- Suitable for use with stainless steel