Providing long-term corrosion protection
Matrix is the proud distributor of Humidur® Coatings for Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. Developed by the Belgian company Acotec over 35 years ago, Humidur® provides protection against corrosion to a wide variety of markets including the energy and gas sector, mining, petrochemical industry, shipping, marine and defence industries. Since first arriving on the market, the system has remained claim-free and has been proven to be maintenance free (with minimal or no mechanical impact).
What are Humidur® Coatings?
Humidur® is a two-component solvent-free modified epoxy coating range designed to provide long-term corrosion resistance in highly aggressive and biological environments. Humidur® can be used in all types of water (salt, brackish, fresh, drinking and waste water) and in areas that utilise aggressive chemicals. Having established a proven track record in extending the life of production facilities and assets, reducing maintenance costs and minimising operational downtime, Humidur® is now being used by many of Australia’s leading LNG providers to successfully reduce the cost of corrosion control.
The benefits of Humidur® Coatings are far reaching and include:
- Rapid cure single coat epoxy system (400μm DFT): minimises application costs and waste
- Suitability in a range of environments: applied at a relative humidity up to 95% and in submerged areas as well as atmospheric zones
- Durability of systems: proven life time of over 30 years.
- Ability to cure under water: structures can be immediately submerged after coating application
- Highly surface tolerant: minimum surface preparation required which can be applied straight on to any substrate or as an overcoating
- Zero-solvent formulation: is a safer selection than solvent based coatings especially in confined spaces where hot works are at risk.
- High temperature tolerance: can be applied in a wide range of temperatures from -35°C up to 150°C
- High adhesion strengths: practical results demonstrate perfect adhesion strengths of over 20MPa
- Wide range of applications: steelwork on ships, jetties, wharfs and subsea infrastructure; storage tanks including those certified for drinking water AS/NZS 4020:2018; pipelines and wind turbines.
Humidur® FP provides the highest chemical resistance of all products within the Humidur® product range. Humidur® FP is a Norsok M-501 approved product and is used in marine applications, on offshore structures and to prevent corrosion in storage tanks, reservoirs and pipelines in the LNG industry. The product has been successfully applied around the world by a number of leading energy and gas companies including Woodisde, Shell, Statoil, ConocoPhillips, Talisman Energy, Maersk Offshore, Transocean Drilling and Fairfield Energy.
For further information, please consult the Humidur® Technical Data Sheet.
Humidur® TC is the topcoat in the Humidur® product range. Humidur® TC is a two-pack solvent-free epoxy siloxane hybrid top coating with excellent gloss and colour retention. The silicone epoxy resin cross-linked with aminosilanes results in extraordinary high weather resistance. As with all Humidur coatings, it is environmentally friendly (100% solids, no solvents, no VOC's no heavy metals, no isocyanates).
For further information, please consult the Humidur® TC Technical Data Sheet.
Humiclean is an environmentally friendly, biodegradable, non-toxic and non-VOC cleaning agent. It is recommended as cleaning agent after the application of the Humidur® coating systems and offers multiple advantages compared to traditional solvents:
- Classified as non-dangerous good
- Safe to use: boiling point: > 200°C and flash point: 100°C
- Environmentally friendly (non-VOC, biodegradable, non-toxic).
For further information please consult the Humiclean Technical Data Sheet.
If you would like to learn more about Humidur Coatings, please contact us on +61 8 9412 1200 or email us at email@example.com and ask to speak to a member of the Humidur team.